Last week we were introduced to the idea of dystopias and began exploring dystopian worlds of the past, present, and future. We examined informational texts about a number of historical dystopian-ish worlds and also read about current and future scenarios that could create a dystopia. We read the story "Harrison Bergeron," compared and contrasted it to its film version, and viewed multiple episodes of the classic "Twilight Zone" series.
This week we will continue looking at various texts and learning more about what the world might look like in the future.
REMINDERS - SEE BLOG POST BELOW:
1) NO LATE WORK IS ACCEPTED IN THESE LAST FEW WEEKS OF SCHOOL! You are given PLENTY of class time and if you can eliminate distractions such as your phone you WILL be able to complete your assignments.
2) When you are absent, you will receive your make-up work upon your return, and you have the number of days you were out to complete it. Please try to be at school as much as possible!
Please be advised of the following for the last unit/few weeks of school:
1) Starting immediately, no unexcused late work will be accepted. Students will be clearly advised of the due date of each assignment and no work will be accepted after the due date. (Exceptions for excused absences, per the attendance policy).
2) Grades will be kept up to date on a regular basis. It is YOUR responsibility to check Student Vue and know where your grade is at all times.
3) Unit 4 is worth 20% of the overall grade. The final exam is worth 20% of the overall grade. Therefore --> 40% of your grade remains. MAKE IT COUNT!!!
4) Multiple chances for redos and extra credit have been given. No more will be given. No more late work/missing work from other units will be taken. I am thankful for those of you that have chosen to do every opportunity you have had and/or have maintained a successful grade. :-)
5) Final exam study guides will be distributed one week before the exam.
6) Final Exams: 1st and 2nd - Tuesday, May 23; 3rd and 4th - Wednesday, May 24
Here are some sources for you to consider for the Immigration MythBusters:
Simulation Game: https://www.icivics.org/games/immigration-nation
And another... https://www.brainpop.com/games/missionuscityofimmigrants/
Have a great spring break! :-)