1) Created a KWL chart about our research topics.
2) Reviewed sources for research - what makes a credible source? (Look for endings such as .gov, .org, and .edu), how can I find online resources to help me gather information relevant to my topic? how can I determine whether or not a source is credible and trustworthy? how do I integrate sources into my writing?
3) Reviewed expository essays and informational writing, including purpose, structure, and requirements
4) Read an article related to your topic
5) Drafted the first body paragraph of your research paper, based on the article read
Tomorrow.... COMMON ASSESSMENT #2, AND NOTEBOOK CHECKS.
Notes, documents, etc. are below.... (The articles are on the Unit 2 topic pages.)