1) Complete a graphic organizer about your culture and cultural traditions. Especially since many of you were confused about this yesterday, this handout should help you. You'll need this on Tuesday for a writing activity.
2) Read "Body Ritual Among the Nacirema," an informational text by Horace Miner. This focuses on the unusual cultural practices of a group called the Nacirema. While reading, you'll be annotating - which is a key strategy we will use all semester.
3) Complete the Informational Text Reading Activity - To help you focus on the standards of Informational Reading, we'll go through this activity together.
4) Complete Reading Reflection Questions.
5) View a few more video clips of unusual customs and traditions.
Your essays from the common assessment are due at the beginning of class. Over the long weekend, please remember to get your notebook set up, if you haven't already, as well as try to obtain your copy of the book Enrique's Journey, which you need by Friday, 1/31.
Parents, you are invited to the PTSA Open House next Thursday, 1/23, at 7 pm. I would enjoy meeting you!
Notes & Handouts below: